Shelby American has finally released the specs on its 2011 Shelby GT350. Starting with a 2011 Ford Mustang GT, Shelby utilizes Ford's 5.0-liter V8 engine but ups the ante a bit. The base GT350 is rated at 430 horsepower (the stock GT musters 412 hp). On the standard GT350, a Whipple supercharger can be added to boost power output to 525 hp – enough to propel the modified Mustang from 0-60 miles per hour in 3.7 seconds. If that's not enough, the R tune version produces a monstrous 624 horses.
All 2011 Shelby GT350s are fitted with a long list of performance-aiding parts which include upgrades to the brakes, suspension and tires. As you can see above, they also wear unique Shelby aero and trim bits, a GT350 45th anniversary badge and a serialized Shelby GT350 dash plate.
Pricing for the naturally-aspirated Shelby GT350 conversion is set at $26,995 and the base supercharged car runs $33,995. Due to the 99-pony jump with the R tune, you would expect that package to cost close to $40,000, but it doesn't. It's just 750 bucks over the price of the standard supercharged kit. All of these prices, however, fail to include the cost of the donor Mustang GT. A full parts list and more performance stats are available in the press release after the jump.
• 2011 Shelby GT350 supercharge package has 525 HP; normally aspirated has 430 HP
• 624 horsepower optional
• All 2011 GT350s are built at the Las Vegas facility and documented in the official Shelby Registry
LAS VEGAS – October 7, 2010 – Shelby American, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI:PK) has released the official performance specs of the supercharged and normally aspirated post title packages for the Shelby GT350, as well as a new higher horsepower option for the 5.0 liter powered car. With up to 624 horsepower on tap via an optional "R" tune, the 2011 Shelby GT350 is one of the most powerful limited production cars in the world.
"Our goal was to build the ultimate small block muscle car," said John Luft, president of Shelby American. "The results show that the Shelby GT350 takes American performance to an entirely new level. In recent tests, the standard supercharged car hit 60 miles per hour in just 3.7 seconds and ran the quarter in 12 seconds flat at 121.4 mph, all while generating 1.05g of lateral acceleration and stopping from 60 mph in only 107 feet. We believe the 'R' tuned GT350 will be even faster."
The normally aspirated GT350 is available in standard Ford Mustang GT trim for SCCA racing or 430 in the optional tune. The standard supercharged version is rated at 525 horsepower while the "R" tune option delivers 624 horsepower. All versions include Shelby performance suspension, brake, tire/wheel, and interior and exterior styling enhancements that make the GT350 as fast on the curves as it is in the straightaways.
In addition to the optional "R" tune for the supercharger, Shelby American will offer a solid blue painted hood stripes as well as finished rear bumper stripes. A Watts link rear suspension, upgraded stereo, track-oriented brakes and other options are also available on the Shelby.
Standard GT350 package components include:
• Shelby/Ford Racing/Whipple black finish supercharger (supercharged version only)
• Shelby/Ford Racing suspension
• Shelby Caster camber plate kit
• Shelby/Baer 6 piston front brake kit with exclusive nickel anodized finish
• Shelby/Baer ERADISPEED rear rotor and brake pad upgrade
• Front and rear brake duct and cooling kit
• Shelby/Borla unique center exit exhaust
• Shelby/Cragar 19" alloy wheels shod with Goodyear performance tires
• Front fascia including traditional "running pony" badge
• Rear fascia including exclusive GT350 45th anniversary badge
• Unique tail light trim
• Rear deck lid filler panel
• Side Rockers with functional integrated brake cooling ducts
• Exclusive GT350 Guardsman Blue vinyl over-the-top and side stripes
• "Powered by Ford" fender mounted badges
• Serialized engine plate
• Shelby Engine cap set
• Serialized Dash plate with Shelby GT350 sequential serial number
• A-Pillar mounted gauge package
• Embroidered Carroll Shelby Signature front seat headrests
• Exclusive GT350 45th anniversary embroidered front floor mats
• Shelby GT350 45th Anniversary windbreaker jacket
• Carroll Shelby signed passenger airbag cover (subject to availability)
• Polished supercharger
• Shelby/Baer 6 piston rear brake upgrade
• Watts link rear suspension
• Goodyear street race tire package
• Painted over the top and side stripe kit
• Shelby/Kicker premium sound system
• Leather seating surfaces with contrasting stitching and red/white/blue insert on front seats
• Tone on tone embroidered GT350 on seat backs
• Console cover and shift boot