Seems like it was not that long ago that Ford showed us the 2007 F-150 Harley-Davidson with its new (optional) supercharged 5.4L V8 producing 450 hp. It was even more recent that we had the opportunity to review one for ourselves. Nevertheless, Ford's ready to move on to the 2008 model, which will again be offered with the base 300-hp 5.4L Triton V8 or an optional version supercharged by Saleen producing 450 hp and 500 ft-lbs. of torque.
Next year will mark the 105th anniversary of both Ford and Harley-Davidson, so you can bet this truck is covered with badges commemorating the occasion. The 08 F-150 HD is again available as a SuperCrew 4x2 or with all-wheel drive, and the exterior color choices include the 2007 model's monochromatic black treatment with custom striping or a new "Black and Vintage Copper" two-tone paint job.
Most exterior bits are carried over from last year, except for those new "105th Anniversary Harley-Davidson F-150" badges, as well as a new set of giant 22-inch polished forged-aluminum wheels with Harley's logo on the center caps. Inside, the leather-trimmed seats continue the black and copper color theme and are accented by piano black trim on the center console that frames a repeating pattern of Harley's bar-and-shield logo.
Check out more high-res pics in the gallery below and read the official press release from Ford after the jump.
[Source: Ford, Pickuptruck.com]
DEARBORN, mich., Aug. 8, 2007 - The 2008 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 – the most powerful factory F-Series truck ever – races onto streets this fall to help the famed motorcycle maker and automaker kick off their 105th anniversary celebrations. The new, limited-edition truck is the third supercharged Ford Harley-Davidson F-150, following the best-selling 2002 and 2003 models that were part of more than 60,000 of the specialty trucks sold since 1999.
"Ford Harley-Davidson trucks have turned a shared passion for open roads into one of the most successful alliances in the industry," says Todd Eckert, Ford Truck and SUV communications manager. "The new 2008 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 perfectly blends the flexibility and capability of F-Series trucks with the free spirit and raw power of Harley-Davidson motorcycles – the principles that continue to drive both companies after 105 years."
This anniversary edition F-150 honors the humble beginnings of two American icons in 1903. The truck is available as SuperCrew 4x2 or all-wheel-drive models and features a choice of Black monochromatic exterior with custom stripe running along the beltline or an available Black and Vintage Copper two-tone exterior paint.
The purposeful exteriors are complemented by other features that signal the truck's connection to Harley-Davidson motorcycles. They include:
- Unique chrome billet grille and lower front valance.
- Body color bumper, mirror caps, ground effects, door and tailgate handles.
- Blacked-out headlamps with black bulb shield and dark tinted, smoked-out taillamps.
- Windshield with Bar & Shield logo dot pattern and Alliance logo.
- New 22-inch polished forged-aluminum wheels with the Bar & Shield logo on center caps.
- Forged aluminum "105th Anniversary Harley-Davidson F-150" Medallions on the fenders and tailgate.
- Chrome dual exhaust tips and tie-down hooks.
- Rubber bed mat with HARLEY-DAVIDSON Bar & Shield logo.
- Two-tone leather shifter, console lid and steering wheel.
- High-gloss piano black floor console and center stack with the Bar & Shield logos, as well as chrome vent rings and unique instrument cluster.
- Serialized nickel plate displaying the production VIN and number.
- Brushed stainless steel pedals.
Powertrain options include a standard 300 horsepower 5.4-liter Triton V-8 or an available Saleen intercooled, supercharged, V-8 that pumps out an impressive 450 horsepower and 500 lbs.-ft. of torque. Along with the engine upgrades, the Saleen performance package, available on the 4x2 only, includes an available gauge pod with boost and air-charge temperature gauges.
The 2008 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 truck is the tenth model to emerge from a Ford Harley-Davidson Alliance that began in 1999. The co-branding of the two storied companies has proven to be a successful formula with sales of Ford Harley-Davidson F-Series trucks totaling more than 60,000 units.