To recap what the Spyder is all about, it's an all-electric two-seater that will be available for around $70,000 (plus $30,000 more for lithium ion batteries, last we knew) with a top speed of 100 mph and a range of 70-150 miles (250 with li-ion). Check out the rest of the numbers after the break, and flash back to meeting the car for the first time here. And check out our video interview with designer Greg Lane.
- Alt Car Expo: Electrum Spyder electric roadster unveiled. We've got pictures
- Alt Car Expo: Video of the Electrum Spyder and interview with the designer, Greg Lane
The Electrum Spyder is an exciting two passenger convertible all electric freeway flier that is available in a limited production. Powered by a 300 vdc system, the Spyder provides an effective range of up to 150 miles at a top speed of approximately 100 miles per hour on a full charge using Nickel Metal Hydride batteries, standard in all of our vehicles. As with all of our Electrum series, the Spyder can be upgraded to lithium ion batteries with a range of up to 250 miles on a single charge.
• Removable hardtop
• Tinted glass
• Electric heater/defroster
• Alloy wheels
• Tilt steering wheel
• Rack & pinion steering
• Electric windows
• Optional Touch screen navigation, CD, DVD, XM
• Propulsion batteries (nickel zinc batteries / optional (nickel metal hydride, lithium ion)
• On-board high frequency battery charger (240v or 120v charger), approximate charge time 1-6 hr. Depending on usage and discharge.
• 300 VDC
• Safety Features
• Layered composite construction
• Large front and rear crunch zone
• Enclosed battery safety containers
• Inertia switch (cuts power automatically in case of an accident)
• Four wheel disk brakes
• Coil over shocks
• Redundant interlocks (will not allow car to power up unless driver is in the driver's seat)
( Specifications are subject to change without notice)