We have no idea who Jonathan Ross is, but apparently Hammond was hankering a trip back to the '70s and the purple and red set of Jonathan Ross hit the spot. In their conversation, Hammond reveals that he can't remember the two weeks following the crash, and that by doctors' orders he's not allowed to drink, at least heavily, for the next two years.
Seeing the Hamster engaging in a conversation, successfully at that, is a bit weird considering the story we've all been following. No one would be surprised if the man arrived on set in a full body cast sipping lunch through a straw, but instead Hammond saunters on stage and shows us all that his trademark wit and humor has recovered fully.
Check out the videos after the jump.
Thanks for the tip, Matt!
For those coming late to the story, check out these...
- Top Gear's back with Hammon, airing Jan28
- Richard Hammond, released from hospital, describes crash and recovery
- VIDEO: Hamster dragster crash footage!
- Set the TiVo: Hammond crash will be made into show
- BBC won't sTop Gear: show resumes filming
- Hammond Watch: the grueling road ahead
- Hammond to BBC: show the crash and me in the hospital
- Top Gear fights for survival as BBC postpones show indefinitely
- Hammond Update: "Was I driving like a tw*t?"