This " Le Mans" version of the EB110 Supersport is one of only three ever built. According to its product description, two were made for a Japanese car collector, and the third went to none other than Michael Schumacher. This is one of the Japanese cars. The body is all carbon-fiber and the car is powered by a quad-turbocharged 3.5L V12. 0-60 arrives in 3.14 seconds and the it tops out at a measly 232 miles per hour. Best of all, the EB110 , especially in this sexy SS guise, is racier-looking than the all-conquering Veyron. Sure, it's not as refined inside, but it's every bit the supercar the current machine is.
We'll clean out the garage Christmas Eve. You know, just in case...
(Full item description after the jump)
[Source: Canepa Design]
Download the PDF from Canepa here .
1994 BUGATTI EB110 SS SUPERSPORT "LE MANS"
The creation of the EB110 SS is the expression of an "absolute". The "Supersport" version represents the competitive boundary of the
"absolute". The EB110 was named after Ettore Bugatti and was to be launched on the 110th anniversary of his birth. The EB110 SS is a
lightweight, faster version of the EB110.
This car is a Bugatti EB110 SS "Le Mans", one of three special built Bugatti's. Two were built for a significant collector in Japan (this is
one of these) and the other was built for Michael Schumacher. This car is the only one produced in Silver Metallic. The "Le Mans" Bugatti
was built with all carbon bodywork in addition to the carbon tub, and feature a higher tuned engine with 700 hp and a cockpit controlled
adjustable boost system.
The EB110 "Supersport Le Mans" edition qualified as the fastest production car in the world with a 0-60 time of only 2.9 seconds and an
officially homologated maximum speed of 232 mph. The engine performance upgrades included: Polished aluminum turbo intake system,
four upgraded turbos, fuel injectors, fuel pressure regulators, engine management calibration, increased turbo boost, etc
The standard Bugatti EB110 SS was designed for enthusiasts who desire maximum performance from a car while retaining comfort and
security. The total production of the "Supersport" model is unknown, but thought to be less than 20.
Some features offered on the EB110 were excluded or replaced on the EB110 SS. Certain elements of the bodywork are produced in
lightweight carbon fibre, while some of the mechanical components within the engine and transmission are manufactured from magnesium
and titanium further lightening the overall weight of the vehicle.
Bugatti's partner companies supplied the Supersport with many proprietary components. Aerospatiale France helped to develop the carbon
fi bre chassis, which structurally is exceptionally rigid and sturdy. Elf has developed an ecological lubricant with special biodegradable
characteristics, which ensures the long life of mechanical components, but with minimum environmental impact. Michelin has developed an
advanced tire design for the 4-wheel drive system, which ensures exceptional road holding and safe handling even at the highest speeds.
The interior of the car is trimmed in the fi nest quality leather and the carbon/Kevlar racing type seats are equipped with a 4-point harness.
Nakamichi assisted in the development of the entertainment system.
Technical Specifications – Bugatti EB110 SS "Le Mans"
- Engine: 12 Cylinder - 3.5 liter longitudinally mounted mid-engine, with 5 valves per cylinder, Bugatti multipoint fuel injection, supercharged by 4 IHI turbos, Maximum power: 700 hp
- Transmission: 6-Speed + reverse thru 4-wheel drive
- Chassis/Body: Composite in carbon fibre manufactured by Areospatiale/Bugatti, Body in carbon/Kevlar fi bre mechanically fixed andbonded to the carbon fi bre chassis, Integral roll cage, 2 Doors (upward opening) 2 seating
- Fuel System: 120 Liters (26 gallons), Minimum 95 RON Unleaded fuel requirement, 2 Independent fuel cell tanks (FIA standards)
- Suspension: Front and rear independent suspension, Front with double wishbone, spring and damper, pull rod system, Rear with double wishbone, single spring and damper
- Steering: Rack & pinion, power assisted (2.8 turns lock to lock)
- Brakes: Hydraulic power assisted brakes. Bosch/Bugatti ABS system. Front and rear ventilated 4 piston caliper, fl oating disc brakes.
- Wheels: BBS cast magnesium wheel rims – Front 18" x 9", Rear 18" x 12"
- Tires: Front tires: Michelin Pilot SX MXX3 245/40 R18, Rear tires: Michelin Pilot SX MXX3 325/30 R18