Saturn was a brand of General Motors chosen to be sold or shut down following the automaker's emergence from bankruptcy in July 2009. The brand was ultimately shut down after a sale to the Penske Automotive Group fell through. Started in 1985, the very first Saturn automobile was sold in 1990. The brand operated outside of the existing GM structure at the time with its own assembly plant and dealer network. A selling strategy of "no-haggle" pricing and remarkable customer service earned the brand a loyal following early on.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!