Pontiac was a brand of General Motors, which emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy in July 2009. As part of the bankruptcy process, GM made the decision in April 2009 to phase out Pontiac by the end of 2010. Started in 1926, Pontiac's demise ends an 89-year-long operation responsible for such automotive legends as the GTO and Aztek, two vehicles that made the brand famous for very different reasons.
- Acura scores lowest in customer satisfaction
- The BMW M4 is spied with a massive wing
- Find the right minivan with our Car Finder tool
- Hybrids make poor financial sense for buyers
- The Grand Tour's legal fracas with Top Gear
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!