Google cites this accident as example of "why we're developing fully self-driving technology to make our roads safer."
A Ukrainian ferry commuter misjudged his timing and, to his surprise, drove his car straight into the Black Sea earlier this month. According to The Mirror, the ferry, Protoporos IV, was putting in to the port of Kerch in Southern Ukraine earlier this month when one driver got an itchy foot. As the vessel approached the dock and lowered her ramp, a black Lada parked on the lower deck began to inch ahead of the rest of the cars parked there, apparently in an effort to beat the disembarking line.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!