The entire Porsche 911 history in under 90 seconds
52 years of evolution explained in this amazing animation.
Over more than 50 years Porsche has taken a terrible idea - hanging an engine behind the rear wheels so that the car will try to go backwards through corners - and turned it into an automotive icon. One way that happened was keeping that unmistakable shape. As you'll see in the video above, the proportions are true to the original even with the relatively radical changes with recent models. The animation includes price and power figures, and even has the model designations, so you can keep up in conversation when a Porschephile starts rambling about random numbers.
Porsche 911 Information
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX