Elderly Married Couple Died Holding Hands
They had been married 68 years
An elderly Washington couple died holding hands in a car accident this past Sunday.
Floyd Nordhagen, 92, and his wife Margret Nordhagen, 88, were pulling out of a store parking lot when they were sideswiped by an oncoming pickup truck. When police arrived they were clutching each other's hands.
"You don't see that everyday," Trooper Rob Spencer told KTVB. "We actually had to ask her to let go of him, so we could get him out of the car."
Floyd and Margret were a well-known pair in the small farming town of Chattaroy, Wash., which they called home for 45 of their 68 years together. Friends described the couple to KTVB as very loving.
There were no injures reported for the two people in the other car.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies