Saab to be saved by mystery Swedish electric car company
We can only speculate about what the consortium wants with Saab, though fan site SaabsUnited reports the company may have its eyes on an electric rear axle program developed with in conjunction with eAAM. Whether that means we'll see electric or hybrid Saab models whirring around in the future is still uncertain. If we did, it would probably take quite a while. As SaabsUnited notes, "Saab, the company, right now has nothing in it, no dealership network, no finance structure, no personnel-structure, no communications network, nothing... everything needs to be completely rebuilt from scratch, which will take a huge amount of time."
At this point, we'll just be pleasantly surprised if the Griffin brand gets a new owner at all.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies