Volkswagen confirms late 2013 launch date for all-electric Golf
Sure, technically, that could be a difference of just one day, but we don't think that's what VW of America president Jonathan Browning meant when he confirmed next year's U.S. release date with Automotive News. Late 2013 is also when the car will go on sale in Europe. A plug-in hybrid Golf is supposed to go on sale in 2015.
Even though VW is getting ready to move into electric vehicle territory, it is well behind other automakers. Perhaps that's why it is also a bit less optimistic about the potential success of plug-ins. The automaker expects just three percent of its new vehicles to be EVs or hybrids by 2018. You can read our second spin in the Golf blue e-motion here.
VW Golf Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models