Next Audi A4, Q7 to have e-tron quattro option
The push will reportedly include plug-in hybrid versions of both the next-generation A4 and Q7, with the 2014 Audi A3 being the first model out of the gate with a plug-in option.
Another report indicates that the same race technology being pioneered by the recently unveiled R18 e-tron quattro hybrid LeMans prototype will be fitted to the B9 A4, with a pair of electric motors driving the rear wheels (versus the front, on the racer) because of the A4's FWD architecture.
Stadler went on to say that by 2020, Audi will have an e-tron version of each vehicle it offers in every segment, which in all likelihood will be either a pure electric model or some form of hybrid.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies