While there was undoubtedly some consternation among pickup truck traditionalists and industry pundits, it appears Americans like their full-size V6 pickups just fine, thank you. According to The Wall Street Journal, Ford Motor Company had expected sales of its 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6-equipped F-150 pickups to represent about 40 percent of its mix, but the turbocharged six-cylinder is on target to be around 45 percent of the mainstay model's sales tally, with sales hitting about 100,000 units in 2011.
Ford boosts V6 F-150 forecast, will hit 100,000 sold
Ford F-150 Information
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX