VanTastic: 2009 Ford E-Series upgrades
Ford's Work Solutions system is a natural addition, and it makes just as much sense in the work van as it does in a pickup. The biggest news is a revised instrument panel with -- bar the door -- four auxiliary switches. Actually, not having a mish-mash of toggles and rockers drilled through the dash face for aftermarket gear is a nice touch. The panel itself has an uncluttered, no-nonsense layout, though the vents look like they could chew off errant fingers. Also on the new dash is a navigation system, which should lessen the "I'm lost, so I'm going to lunch" calls from contractors. American cargo vans are unsung utilitarian heroes, and Ford doesn't want its class leadership to slip away. Press release after the jump
2009 Ford e-series: Interior updgrades, more 'smart' features for america's best-selling full-size van
- Ford's class-leading E-Series full-size van delivers even more functionality for 2009, thanks to class-leading convenience features including integrated navigation system and SIRIUS Travel Link™, plus a redesigned instrument panel that includes four new upfitter switches.
- Ford Work Solutions, a collection of affordable 'smart' technologies – including four industry-first features – will provide E-Series customers connectivity, flexibility and security to better run key aspects of their business – from their van, cutaway or wagon, even on the job site.
- Ford is the commercial vehicle leader in the U.S. with 40 percent share of the total commercial vehicle market and has been the full-size van leader with the Ford E-Series for 29 years running. Manufactured at Ford's Ohio Assembly Plant in Avon Lake, Ohio, 2009 Ford E-Series will be available in August.
ATLANTA, Feb. 26, 2008 – Ford E-Series – America's top selling full-size van for 29 years running – delivers an improved interior for 2009, along with new tools designed to help customers manage their fleets more efficiently, track and secure tools and better serve customers.
E-Series updates include a redesigned instrument panel and console, door trim panels with more storage, built-in auxiliary switches users can customize, wider-opening rear doors, more comfortable seats, a first-in-class factory-installed navigation system and Ford Work Solutions
- Most and least efficient car companies
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models