With all manufacturers reporting, we can get a feel for what kind of month March really was. All sales percentages in this article have been adjusted for daily sales rate. There was one more sales day in March '05 versus March '04. The manufacturer may have sold more cars than last year, but when pitting that number against actual sales days, their percentage could be less. March was a flat month with total sales up 1 percent to 1,576,151. Asian manufacturers with Kia, Hyundai and Toyota's Scion at the helm saw the biggest upturn at 7 percent, while European makes headed by BMW and Mercedes saw the biggest drop at 12 percent. It's amazing to realize that the U.S. consumes 1.5 million cars and trucks a month.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies