Nearly all cars depreciate over time, but some are way worse than others. Here are the vehicles that lost the most value in the first year of ownership.
Used Car Book Values
- 2011Mercedes-BenzBaseE 350 4dr Rear-wheel Drive Sedan
- 2011Mercedes-BenzBaseE 350 4dr All-wheel Drive 4MATIC Sedan
- 2011Mercedes-BenzBaseE 350 2dr Coupe
- 2011Mercedes-BenzBaseE 350 4dr All-wheel Drive 4MATIC Wagon
- 2011Mercedes-BenzBaseE 350 2dr Cabriolet
- 2011Mercedes-BenzBaseE 550 4dr Rear-wheel Drive Sedan
- 2011Mercedes-BenzBaseE 550 4dr All-wheel Drive 4MATIC Sedan
- 2011Mercedes-BenzBaseE 550 2dr Coupe
- 2011Mercedes-BenzBaseE550 2dr Cabriolet
- 2011Mercedes-BenzBaseE 63 AMG 4dr Rear-wheel Drive Sedan
- 2011Mercedes-BenzBaseE 350 BlueTEC 4dr Sedan
Private Seller Price - The amount you can expect to pay if you buy a 2011 Mercedes E-Class from a private seller.
Dealer Price - The amount you can expect to pay if you buy a 2011 Mercedes E-Class from a dealer.
Trade-In Value - Based on the Black Book value of a 2011 Mercedes E-Class, this is the amount you can expect to receive for your E-Class if you sell it to the dealer at the same time you are purchasing a new vehicle.
Private Sale Price - The amount you can expect to actually receive for your 2011 Mercedes if you sell it privately.
Car Values News and Advice
You know that sinking feeling you get in your stomach when you drive your brand-new car off the dealer lot and you know it just lost a huge chunk of value as soon as its tires hit the public roads? Yeah, well that feeling is about to sink even lower into the pit of your stomach.
The unofficial consumer holiday is often touted as the best day to get some major discounts, but new data from TrueCar.com shows Black Friday is only the fifth-best day to get a heavily discounted car.
This year's surge in new car sales could make for cheaper used cars down the road.
The American Public Media radio show Marketplace recently tackled the question whether modern vehicles were actually more expensive once you factored in important variables like inflation and cost of ownership.