On Monday, 11 automotive suppliers were honored for their innovative products at the annual presentation of Automotive News PACE Awards. Several of the winning entries focused on boosting a vehicle's fuel economy
and some of the awardees are headquartered here in the States.
Some of the winners in the "product" category of the 2010 PACE awards include:
- Delphi Automotive of Troy, MI: Delphi Multec GDi fuel injector
- Federal-Mogul Corp. of Nuremberg, Germany and Southfield, MI: EcoTough piston coating
- Federal-Mogul Corp. of Burscheid, Germany and Southfield, MI: Low-friction LKZ oil ring
- OSRAM Opto Semiconductors GmbH of Regensburg, Germany: OSTAR LED headlamp
- Robert Bosch GmbH of Stuttgart, Germany: Bosch P2 parallel full hybrid system
- Schaeffler Technologies of Troy, MI: INA lightweight balance shaft with roller bearings
Winners were chosen from 35 finalists by a panel of independent judges. PACE stands for Premier Automotive Suppliers' Contribution to Excellence and the awards, now in their 17th year, are sponsored by Ernst & Young, Transportation Research Center Inc. and Automotive News
. Click here
to see all of the 2010 PACE Award recipients.
[Source: Automotive News
- sub. req.]