Chrysler has unveiled a new no-cost maintenance program for certain Dodge Journey and Durango models. Buyers who opt for the Durango Citadel or the Journey Lux will be treated to free maintenance for three years or 36,000 miles that includes oil and oil filter changes every three months or 3,000 miles as well as scheduled and recommended maintenance at 6,000 mile intervals. The program also throws in $1,000 worth of trip-interruption coverage, towing and roadside assistance up to $100 and $35/per day car rental should you get into an accident. All told, Chrysler says that the program has a retail value of around $1,100.
We're guessing that no-cost maintenance is an effort to lure buyers to deeper ends of the Durango and Journey option pools. Of course, knowing that you won't have to shell out a dime for routine work on your vehicle is likely to be a big selling point when either the newly reworked crossovers are lined up against their competitors. Hit the jump for the full press release.
Photos copyright ©2010 Drew Phillips / AOL
* "No-cost Maintenance Plus" plan offers worry-free driving benefits for three years or 36,000 miles
December 20, 2010 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Dodge and Mopar® are wrapping customers in a worry-free ownership experience. In addition to a load of standard luxury features, the Dodge brand's all-new Durango Citadel and Journey Lux models also feature Mopar's new "No-cost Maintenance Plus" plan, a 3-year or 36,000-mile maintenance plan designed to make lives easier and vehicle ownership hassle-free.
"The new Dodge Durango Citadel and Journey Lux models are loaded with features and content typically found on competitor vehicles priced tens of thousands of dollars more," said Ralph Gilles, President and CEO – Dodge Brand. "This new no-cost maintenance plus plan gives our loyal customers, as well as customers who are discovering the Dodge brand for the first time, unparallelled peace of mind."
"Our mission at Mopar is to add value to our customer's experience with our vehicles and our brands," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO – Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand. "With this specific no-cost maintenance plan, we are offering an added benefit to those customers who check all of boxes on their all-new Durango or Journey. In addition, we are helping these customers build a long-term relationship with their local dealer."
The "No-cost Maintenance Plus" plan has a retail value of $1,100. Features include:
* Benefits of 3 years or 36,000 miles
* $0 deductible
* Oil, oil filter changes and lubrication (3-month/3,000-mile service intervals)
* Scheduled and recommended maintenance (6,000-mile intervals)
* $35/day car rental allowance (car rental allowance for any overnight dealership mechanical repair, 5-day maximum per occurrence)
* $35/first day rental (car rental allowance or taxi service for any dealership mechanical repair or maintenance service [includes bodywork])
* $100 "Sign-and-go" towing and roadside assistance
o Benefits include towing, flat tire change (with existing good spare) battery jump, out-of-gas fuel delivery (maximum 2 gallons), and lockout service (i.e. keys locked in vehicle or frozen lock), as much as $100 per occurrence
* $1,000 trip interruption coverage. Provides as much as $1,000 for lodging, meals and car rental expenses if:
o The vehicle is inoperable due to a component failure covered by the factory warranty AND
o The failure occurs more than 100 miles from home