Oh my. A stock 2010 Chevy Camaro SS produces 426 horsepower from its 6.2-liter LS3 V8. A Corvette Z06 turns out 505 hp from its 7.0-liter LS7. The Blue Devil, aka Corvette ZR1, is the most powerful car ever produced by General Motors and churns out a ridiculous 638 hp from its supercharged 6.2-liter LS9 guts. Impressive, but what if you were to strap a supercharger onto the bigger displacement LS7 from the Z06? Why, you'd get more power than you do from the LS9, that's for sure.
Obviously, that's exactly what Lingenfelter has done with its new Camaro. Co-engineered with suspension experts Hotchkis, the 2010 Lingenfelter Camaro features a 750-hp supercharged 427 cubic inch (though really 428) V8. No official word on torque, but let's just assume bat guano levels of twist. For one thing, this Camaro motor is a bit more than simply a blower bolted to a big block. For one thing it has forged JE pistons. For another it has titanium intake valves and Iconel exhaust valves – we don't even know what Iconel is! Oh wait, thanks to the magic of the internet we learn that Iconel is an "austenitic nickel-chromium-based superalloy" that is "oxidation and corrosion resistant materials well suited for service in extreme environments." What on earth is austenitic?
And that's just part of what makes the engine so mighty. But Hotchkis and Lingenfelter didn't stop with a stonkin' motor. As you might expect, the suspension is pretty incredible, too. Underneath the Camaro you'll find a
Then there's the body kit, which consists of all sorts of bits and baubles like a front splitter, rocker extensions, a carbon fiber grille, functional air extractors on the hood, trunk spoiler, rear fascia and LPE exhaust tips. All in all, this looks to be one mother of a Camaro. We'll be there live at the SEMA Show to cover the reveal in a couple of weeks. Until then, make the jump to check out the full press release and stats.
Santa Fe Springs, Calif. (October 2009) – Two of the most storied names in domestic performance vehicles will join together to debut a stunning, world-class supercar at the 2009 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. Lingenfelter Performance Engineering of Decatur, Indiana, will unveil its latest offering; a 750 horsepower 2010 Camaro SS in the Hotchkis Performance booth at the annual automotive aftermarket trade show. Hotchkis Performance, of Santa Fe Springs, California, developed the suspension system for the Lingenfelter Camaro and has worked with the renowned specialty supercar builder on several projects in the past.
"Over the years we have been involved in dozens of OEM and racing development programs, but this one is special," said Hotchkis Performance founder and president John Hotchkis. "Lingenfelter builds some of the fastest, coolest and most refined domestic supercars in the world, and the fact that they asked us to help develop the suspension for a 200 mph Camaro and then offered to debut the car in our booth is very exciting. Everyone in attendance will certainly be impressed with this stunning piece of high-performance engineering."
The Lingenfelter 750HP Supercharged LS7 2010 Camaro SS is a technological tour de force, featuring a hand-built 427 CID (7.0L) LS7 engine featuring forged pistons, titanium connecting rods and Inconel exhaust valves. A Magnusson/Eaton TVS2300 supercharger breathes into a custom Lingenfelter intake manifold. The result is 750 tractable, usable horsepower. Other highlights include a Hotchkis Total Vehicle System (Sport Springs, Adjustable Sport Sway Bars and ChassisMax Subframe Brace), Brembo brakes, custom LPE 20-inch 10-spoke wheels, an LPE exclusive air management body kit, a custom embroidered interior and a Mito rear view mirror with video display. The Lingenfelter body kit and engine package will also be offered as separate packages.
* 427 CID/7.0L LS7 engine
* 8.8:1 compression ratio with forged JE pistons
* Production GM LS7 crankshaft and titanium connecting rods
* LS7 cylinder heads with titanium intake valves and Inconel exhaust valves
* Magnuson/Eaton TVS2300 supercharger
* Custom fabricated LS7 cylinder head supercharger base manifold
* Lingenfelter 14 rib rear drive system with tensioner pulley
* Lingenfelter/ATI Racing 10 rib front accessory drive
* Lingenfelter heavy duty power steering pump
* Lingenfelter low temperature thermostat
* Custom Lingenfelter coil covers
* Corsa stainless exhaust system
* Lingenfelter Camaro SS twin pump fuel system with LPE fuel pump controller
* Six-speed manual transmission
* Lingenfelter 6 bolt LS9 twin disk flywheel and clutch assembly
* Heavy duty Driveshaft Shop halfshafts
* Hotchkis Sport Springs
* Lingenfelter double adjustable Sachs shocks
* Hotchkis Sport Suspension Adjustable Sway Bars
* Hotchkis ChassixMax Subframe Brace
* Brembo brake calipers and Brembo rotors
* Custom LPE 10 Spoke Design Wheels
* 20 X 9.5 Fronts
* 20 X 11 Rears
* PIRELLI 275/40ZR20 Fronts
* PIRELLI 305/35ZR20 Rears
* Lingenfelter Camaro SS Body Package:
* Front Fascia Splitter
* Rocker Extensions
* Carbon Fiber Grille
* Hood with Air Extractors
* Rear Deck Lip/Spoiler
* Rear Fascia Extension with LPE Exhaust Tips
* Custom LPE 10 Spoke Wheels
* Lingenfelter Embroidered Interior
* Lingenfelter badges
* Muth turn signal mirrors
* Mito rear view mirror with video display
* Lingenfelter/Grant custom steering wheel
* Lingenfelter CNC machined pedal covers
* Lingenfelter floor mats