Click above for a high-res gallery of the 2009 Jaguar XJ Portfolio.
Along with the new XKR Portfolio, Jaguar will also debut the 2009 XJ Portfolio in Geneva. The Portfolio trim level first appeared on the Jaguar Super V8 in 2005, itself previewed by the Concept Eight show car from the 2004 New York auto show. However whereas previous editions were available only on with the 400hp 4.2-liter supercharged V8, the latest iteration is available with or without the blower.
The 2009 XJ Portfolio can be had in either black or gold and comes with the same 20" wheels as its two-door counterpart. The contrasting milled aluminum side-vents that have since made the leap to the new standard XJ sedan feature again on the Portfolio, along with chromed mirror housing. The inside is done up in blue with beige piping or vise versa, with oak veneer, Alston headliner and "leaper" logos and Portfolio badging abound. Naturally the premium package also comes with all the electronic bells and whistles, and can be ordered now for summer delivery.
For more info, check out the press release after the jump, and take in all the fancy in the high-resolution image gallery below.
JAGUAR XJ PORTFOLIO SPECIAL EDITION
Built in limited numbers to offer new levels of luxury, craftsmanship and exclusivity, the XJ Portfolio is characterized by premium quality materials and exquisite attention to detail.
• Portfolio is a name that defines a series of highly luxurious special edition vehicles from Jaguar. The 2009 MY XJ Portfolio - shown for the first time at the Geneva Motor Show in march 2008 - goes on sale in selected markets from Summer 2008
• Lightweight advanced aluminum construction and an acclaimed supercharged V8 engine offer driver-focused dynamic performance
• All XJ Portfolio models come with Computer Active Technology Suspension (CATS), Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and a self-leveling air suspension to ensure impeccable control and ride
• The unique exterior styling includes Celestial Black or Astral Gold paint colors, bespoke 20-inch Selena alloy wheels with red Jaguar 'Heritage' badge, milled aluminum side power vents, chrome mirror caps and Portfolio trunk lid signature badge
• Inside, the XJ Portfolio comprises a sumptuous blend of luxury and sporting cues with two exclusive interior trim options – Navy with Champagne piping and Navy carpets or Ivory with Navy piping and Navy carpets.
• Other Portfolio interior touches include a cabin trimmed in Rich Oak veneer with Portfolio motif on passenger airbag lid; Navy leather and alloy gearshift with alloy surround; luxury carpet mats with contrast leather edges and Jaguar 'Leaper' logo; embossed Jaguar 'Leaper' logo on headrests; stitched leather door casings; Alston luxury headliner; unique front treadplates with Portfolio script.
• Premium specification includes individually heated and cooled front seats; 7-inch Touch-screen, Jaguar premium sound system and dual-zone climate control systems; Bluetooth® connectivity for up to five separate telephones; JaguarVoiceTM, Adaptive Cruise Control and rear multimedia system with DVD player and twin display screens (depending on market).
Jaguar's commitment to creating beautiful, fast cars continues with the introduction of the new XJ Portfolio - first revealed on the Super V8 Portfolio special edition in 2005.
Already renowned for its all-aluminum body construction, state-of-the-art technologies and outstanding craftsmanship and build quality, the new XJ Portfolio is now even more desirable thanks to its unique exterior and interior styling cues.
Luxury, elegance and dynamic performance are XJ signatures. The XJ Portfolio adds a host of bespoke design cues and styling features that set it apart. The exterior is painted in either Celestial Black or Astral Gold, with contrasting side power vents in milled aluminum. A distinctive profile is completed by new 20" Selena alloy wheels featuring red Jaguar 'Heritage' center badges.
XJ Portfolio's dynamic excellence is underpinned by XJ's all-aluminum monocoque body construction and highly advanced chassis and suspension. Lightness with strength and exceptional rigidity provide a platform for remarkable agility and performance, as well as safety, improved fuel efficiency and lower emissions. Computer Active Technology Suspension (CATS), Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and a self-leveling air suspension ensure impeccable control and a ride that is involving yet composed and refined.
In the U.S., the 2009MY XJ Portfolio is available with Jaguar's highly acclaimed 4.2-liter V8 supercharged (400bhp SAE) or the naturally aspirated V8 engine. In either derivative, the XJ Portfolio offers effortless performance and exceptional refinement.
XJ Portfolio's individuality is further reflected in a luxurious interior characterized by premium quality materials and exquisite attention to detail. The hand-crafted Rich Oak veneer is new to XJ Portfolio, and there is the choice of two unique interior themes – Navy or Ivory. Each features contrast piping to the softgrain leather upholstery, special twin-stitched door casings and headrests embossed with the Jaguar 'Leaper' design. The alloy gear selector, with aluminum gearshift surround, is also trimmed with Navy leather, and there are 'Portfolio' branded treadplates and special leather-edged carpet mats.
And XJ Portfolio's premium specification includes individually heated and cooled front seats; 7-inch Touch-screen operation of the satellite navigation, Jaguar premium sound and dual-zone climate control systems; Bluetooth® connectivity for up to five separate telephones; JaguarVoiceTM, Adaptive Cruise Control, and rear multimedia system with DVD player and twin display screens (depending on market).
The Jaguar XJ Portfolio is available to order now.