Once H&R regained focus after its excursion to the Edge, it took on the great granddaddy of all sport compacts, the Volkswagen Golf GTI. This 2007 model, equipped with a DSG gearbox, benefits from a Super Sprint turbo-back exhaust and a reflashed ECU, which brings power levels up 250 HP, eclipsing the output of both of VW's factory-tuned limited edition models.
The suspension has gotten the H&R catalog thrown at it, including a full coilover arrangement, wheel spacers, and 26 mm front and 24 mm rear sway bars. Classic OZ Ultraleggera wheels wrapped in Bridgestone RE01R (225/40R18s all around) frame 12.5" Brembo brakes, complete with drilled rotors.
H&R's project package wouldn't be complete without some interior and exterior enhancements, so the GTI received a full ICE package, along with aluminum interior molding, leather seats, a Euro-spec bumper and silver carbon fiber hood. And if all that wasn't enough, they've incorporated a custom "Fast" into the rear speaker enclosure.
You can read H&R's full press release after the jump and check out the gallery by clicking the image above.
[Source: H&R via World Car Fans]
More than 25 years ago VW introduced the first "pocket rocket" and started a niche market that is now a style statement for many car enthusiasts. The GTI is back and better than ever - more sophisticated - recapturing the essence of the original - a quick, aggressive 3 door with genuine sporty character. We wanted to build a car that let the best of the GTI and the best of the aftermarket kick asphalt!
The H&R Project GTI has something for all. It is subtle, but different. The tone on tone paint difference is not always noticeable, but the power and handling definitely is! The new GTI has an automatic built-in market. The young car guys who built GTI's 25 years ago can't wait to get their hands on this new car. The H&R GTI is the perfect cure for a mid-life crisis. Who needs a Ferrari to relive their youth - the H&R GTI has it all!
Powertrain/Drivetrain Type & Modifications:
* 2.0l Turbo/DSG autotrans
* Super Sprint turbo back Stainless Steel Exhaust
* Computer Flash GIAC
Chassis Type & Modifications:
* 2 door
* H&R Street Coil Over
* H&R Front Sway bars 26 mm
* H&R Rear Sway bar 24mm
* H&R Trak+ Wheel Spacers
* OZ Ultraleggera Wheels in bright silver finish
* Bridgestone tires RE01R size 225/40R x 18
* Bremo brakes - front 12.5" with drilled rotors
* Car - two tone paint- reflex silver with lower body Porsche GT silver
* Silver reflective stripe separates the two colors
* Euro Rear bumper, Euro Rear diffusers
* VW accessory front spoiler,
* Aluminum interior molding from R32 w/ machined accents
* GTI Leather Seats -Silver two tone color - with "machined" match piping
* Head Rests have red GTI style accent
* Door panels - to match seats
* Dash accents matches exterior
* AWE Turbo Boost Gauge in custom pod
Pioneer full Audio including:
* AVH-P6800DVD touch screen head unit
* TSD701P coaxial speakers
* TSD601P coaxial speakers
* TS-SW841P Compact Subwoofer
* GM03200T two channel AMP 300 watt
* GM06200T four channel AMP 600 watt
* XM Radio
* Ipod capable
* Custom ICE housing for the subwoofer, Four channel AMP, & the H&R FAST