SEMA's a great place to capture attention for new products, so Honda used the venue to announce pricing for the 2007 Civic Si Sedan last night, on the eve of the official on sale date.
The Si sedan has all of the great performance features of the coupe packaged into the user-friendly sedan body. The 2.0-liter 197-horsepower VTEC, 6-speed manual with LSD, 4-wheel ABS, and Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) are all standard equipment. The enthusiast driver with children can now pilot a reasonably priced performance sedan without the hearing the whining often associated with climbing into the back seat of a coupe. The other aspect is that the aftermarket is already stuffed with parts and pieces that fit thanks to the coupe's ongoing popularity among the tuner crowd.
The 2007 Civic Si Sedan starts at $21,290 plus $595 for destination and handling. Summer tires are optional for an additional $200, and a model loaded with an optional voice-activated satellite navigation system and XM satellite radio goes for an MSRP of $23,040.
(Press release after the jump)
Honda Announces 2007 Civic Si Sedan Pricing
LAS VEGAS, Oct. 31 /PRNewswire/ -- American Honda Motor Co., Inc., today announced pricing for the all-new 2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show. The Civic Si Sedan officially goes on sale on November 1st with a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $21,290, plus $595 for destination and handling.
2007 Civic Si Sedan models include:
- 197-horsepower, 2.0-liter i-VTEC(TM) 4-cylinder engine
- 6-speed manual transmission with helical-type limited slip
- Exclusive exterior features include rear deck spoiler wing and Si
- Standard 17-inch alloy wheels with P215/45 R17 87V tires
- Side curtain airbags, front side airbags and dual-stage,
dual-threshold front airbags
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering(TM) (ACE(TM)) Body Structure
- Vehicle Stability Assist(TM) (VSA(R))
- Anti-lock brakes (with 4-channel ABS and Electronic Brake
- EPA-estimated city/highway fuel economy of 23/32 miles per gallon*
High-performance summer tires are available as a factory option, bringing the suggested retail price to $21,490. The Civic Si Sedan is also available with a Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System(TM) with Voice Activation and XM(R) Satellite Radio for the suggested retail price of $23,040 ($23,240 on vehicles with the high performance summer tire).