- Installations mean squeaks and rattles. Exception: Yugos, Fiats, and any British car older than an American Idol candidate - fit and finish can only be improved here.
- Keep your lines short or keep it digital.
- Is that how you'll really use it? You don't want that navigation monitor to swing in front of your vents when it's 100 degrees Fahrenheit inside the car.
- Get the best techs possible on your side. The cliche, 'you get what you pay for' applies in accessory installations.
- Hard-wire your satellite console. Spend the extra cash on a tech to hide all that wiring.
- Check with Crutchfield. This is not an advertisement.
- Get the best audio-in quality. See 'Get the best tech...' above.
- Line-in is good, radio display is better.
- Replace the radio. Remember, though, you probably won't be wearing those thick winter gloves again.