The Aston Martin Lagonda SUV concept revealed at the 2009 Geneva Motor Show didn't earn the plaudits the company is used to when it reveals new models, and it has lived an uncertain life ever since. Thought to have been scrapped along with the entire revival of the Lagonda brand, then thought to have been resurrected due to Chinese, Middle Eastern and Russian demand, another year passed before we heard more definitive talk about an Aston Martin expansion when AutoCar reported that the Lagonda co
A few weeks ago, we brought you news from the launch of the Aston Martin Vanquish Volante that the British brand, which is formally known as Aston Martin Lagonda, was still planning on going ahead with a Lagonda-badged crossover. Now comes word that that vehicle could very well be based on a Mercedes-Benz M-Class.
While slow sales and a $50,000 price tag may have been contributing factors to the Aston Martin Cygnet being cancelled last month, Aston Martin CEO Ulrich Bez is pointing the finger at Toyota for the demise of this luxurious little city car. In a discussion with Autocar, Bez is quoted as saying that the ultimate reason the Cygnet was cut is because Toyota plans on dropping the iQ (on which the Cygnet is based) in 2014 – a claim denied by the Japanese automaker.
Aston Martin will not be joining the performance hybrid club currently being championed by the likes of Ferrari, Porsche and McLaren. As evidence, Dr. Ulrich Bez, CEO of Aston Martin, has made some very pointed remarks about the supercar segment's move to hybridization, telling Australia's Drive, "We will not have a hybrid in next year or year after." Instead, the British brand will focus on aerodynamics, engine efficiency and reducing curb weight, all in a bid to boost performance without addin
Generally speaking, today's Aston Martin is known more for its beauty and power than for its minimalism or lightness. But that could change if it decides to produce a version of this CC100 Speedster concept, designed to celebrate the company's centenary. The V12-powered roadster is being unveiled at the Nordschliefe today ahead of the 24 Hours of Nürburgring, where it is expected to lap the circuit with Aston CEO Dr. Ulrich Bez at the wheel. The rakish concept is a nice surprise, and will b
According to a report in Autocar, Aston Martin CEO Dr. Ulrich Bez is expected to step down and take "a more ambassadorial role" with the company at the end of this year. The magazine states that an Aston Martin spokesperson declined to comment on this rumor, but a new boss is expected to be put in place this summer, giving that person time to work with Bez during the transition period.
Aston Martin is rapidly approaching its 100th anniversary, and the company is reportedly hard at work on an all-new model to mark the occasion. According to Auto Express, CEO Ulrich Bez says the new creation will be an all-new mainstream model. That means we can count out any special-edition version of the DB9 or a super-limited production vehicle like the One-77. As you may recall, our spy photographers recently laid their glass on what we originally thought was a successor to the DB9 throne. I
The chief executives of any two companies will inherently have something in common to share. All the more so for the CEOs of automakers, never mind how big or how small. But Akio Toyoda and Ulrich Bez share more than job descriptions. The heads of Toyota and Aston Martin also share a passion for motorsports and actively race themselves.
Our friend Lou Ann Hammond of Carlist was among the small cadre of early-rising journos who ventured out to Pebble Beach's 18th green on Thursday morning to see Dr. Ulrich Bez, CEO of Aston Martin, formally introduce the DBS (video here). Now, while pricing on the sumptuous supercar apparently wasn't supposed to be announced until the Frankfurt show in September, an enthused Dr. Bez went ahead and told those gathered, "this is a car which will cost, in America, $265,000."
The Detroit News just reported that the winning bid for Aston Martin might be a little lower than we originally thought. The group of investors led by Prodrive's David Richards is about to close the deal for about £450 million ($870 million). That's a full 10 percent lower than we just reported yesterday. The £500 million guess would have been half of Ford's initial asking price for the British luxury sports car maker. Whatever the final price, we still believe Ford will keep an inte
Latest rumor in the FoMoCo/Aston Martin fire sale has Aston chief executive, Ulrich Bez considering making an offer for the firm. Bez said he plans on making the sale complete "as rapidly as possible," and that he plans on staying with the company in his present capacity. With a return to profit and the promise of the new "DB9 Vanquish" latest James Bond whip DBS being shown at Detroit in January, Aston could fetch Ford a pretty penny from its own CEO.
- Mid-engine Corvette spied in daylight
- Matt LeBlanc threatens to quit Top Gear
- Best Lease Deals for June 2016