Unified effort underway to fix Bonneville Salt Flats
As the report points out, there isn't an easy solution to rescue the salt flats, and the increased rainfall in the area only makes the problem more difficult. However, racers, the local mining company, politicians, and geologists continue to work together to develop ways to maintain as much salt as possible.
The piece largely focuses on the Save the Salt Utah Alliance that works on the local and state level to improve things. This is a fascinating case where environmentalism and the desire to reach insane speeds go hand-in-hand. The entire story of the group's effort to save the high-speed site is definitely worth a read.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models