BWM 135i with M3 V8 engine swap combines two things we miss the most
My position on the 1M would be dramatically different, however, had it been fitted from the factory with the truly fantastic 4.0-liter V8 from the E92 M3 (the last great M car, in this writer's humble opinion).
Matt Farah of Drive took to the wheel of a 135i that's been completely reworked by Performance Technic and is owned by Marco Svizzero. The car required a salvageable E92 and what we imagine is an incalculable amount of wrench time, with the result being, as Farah says, "possibly the best BMW you could build at any price." Oh, and it sounds absolutely delicious.
Check out the car in action.
BMW 135 Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models