Mercedes spotted testing hardcore AMG GT at the 'Ring
Spied undergoing testing at the Nürburgring is what appears to be an even more performance-focused version of the Mercedes-AMG GT. It seems to be packing an upgraded aero kit – complete with front splitter and rear wing – as well as larger rolling stock. You can bet there's an even more potent version underhood of the 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 that's already producing over 500 hp in the existing model.
Whether Affalterbach deems it worthy of the Black Series label or not is another question, but what's clear is that AMG is gunning for the Porsche 911 GT3 with the performance model you see here – however disguised it may be from our prying eyes.
Mercedes AMG GT Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models