December 2014: Pour Me A Fifth Edition
After all the tallies were in, the best-performing brands of 2014 were Audi, BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Maserati, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Porsche and Subaru. All 13 of these automakers set sales records in 2014. Impressive performances, to be sure.
Industry analysts point to steeply declining fuel prices as part of the drive behind increased sales, but that's only part of the story. Auto sales have steadily improved since 2009's dismal 10.4-million-unit performance, rising in 2014 to just about 17 million.
Take a look at the full chart below for all the sales data, and be sure to check out past installments of our monthly By The Numbers category here.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models