Automotive News Europe reports Ernst Lieb, the former Mercedes-Benz USA CEO, has lost a wrongful dismissal suit against his former employer. As you may recall, parent company Daimler fired Lieb claiming the 57-year-old executive used company funds to upgrade his personal home, though he has denied the claim all along, going so far as to sue his former employer. All told, Daimler said Lieb spent more than $100,000 to upgrade his company home in Mahwah, New Jersey. The money was allegedly used to purchase a home theater, a gym, a washer and dryer and a barbecue.

On Thursday, November 8, a court in Stuttgart dismissed the suit, saying the claims against Lieb were "so serious that any further employment [at Daimler] would be unacceptable." The former executive has said he will appeal the ruling, and his attorney, Stefan Naegele, has said the lawsuit is more about restoring Lieb's reputation than about receiving any monetary retribution.

I'm reporting this comment as:

Reported comments and users are reviewed by Autoblog staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week to determine whether they violate Community Guideline. Accounts are penalized for Community Guidelines violations and serious or repeated violations can lead to account termination.

    • 1 Second Ago
  • 2016 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
    MSRP: $36,495 - $46,940
    2016 Mercedes-Benz E-Class
    MSRP: $52,650 - $104,300
    2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
    MSRP: $38,950 - $73,250
    2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class
    MSRP: $51,100 - $65,100
    2016 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class
    MSRP: $64,550 - $91,300
    Share This Photo X