Report: Bentley experimented with diesels, but poor salability means they won't be built
The company's head of powertrain also believes, ominously, that, "the forthcoming Euro 6 clean-air regs are likely to pile some big costs on to diesels." With a diesel's big selling points being massive torque and fuel economy, it's perhaps clear why Bentley is out of the running: its engines are already torque monsters, and its buyers care more about the time they have to spend filling up instead of the price.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video