REPORT: Cars officially banned from New York's Time Square
To kick off the new arrangement, NYC has planned something of a block party in the Square, where they'll play a movie on a giant screen and street performers will entertain the crowds. They're even going to set out beach chairs so folks can cop a squat and soak it all in.
Barriers started going up on Sunday around Times Square and the nearby Herald Square in front of Macy's. Herald Square is the other area that will become a pedestrian mall as a result of the changes. To make sure everything goes smoothly, the Department of Transportation says it will be keeping a close eye on traffic in the area as the new setup ramps up.
[Source: The Associated Press, Photo by Laughing Squid | CC2.0]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models