Toyota shareholder meeting turns into tearful lovefest
Automotive News contrasts Toyota's happy happy lovefest with recent shareholder meetings for Nissan, at which CEO Carlos Ghosn was asked to resign by one investor, and DaimlerChrysler, which lasted 12 hours long for CEO Dieter Zetsche and his executive board. The Toyota shareholder meeting lasted just 2.5 hours, and it sounds as if Toyota's management enjoyed every minute of it.
BTW - a small item of note occurred at the Toyota shareholder meeting: Jim Press, Toyota's main man in North America, became the first non-Japanese member of the company's board of directors.
[Source: Automotive News]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models