Yes, they never made a 1989 Pontiac Fiero but GM was pretty darn close. At this link is a few good shots of the prototype for the next-gen Fiero and after looking at it long enough, it's obvious a lot of the styling went into the fourth generation F-Body (Camaro/ Firebird). As a proud previous Fiero owner (1986 SE with the GT body package and 2.8 liter V-6. 148,000 miles and was running like a champ) and a current 4th gen Camaro owner, I see a lot that could have been if GM didn't kill the little mid-engined car just as it was getting good. I found these pictures very interesting from a historical standpoint and wanted to share them out.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video