Tesla will open Model 3 reservations at the same time as the big reveal. You can register for the vehicle online, but the company admits going to one of the EV maker's showrooms guarantees a higher spot when the process begins. Current Tesla owners also get one priority reservation for each of the company's vehicles they have.
According to Teslarati, the brand's super-fans are ready to reserve a Model 3 without even seeing the new EV. Enthusiasts have organized campouts at Tesla showrooms to snag the earliest reservations. A store in Montreal, Canada, has estimated at least a 100 people will wait there overnight.
Tesla already unveiled reservation prices for the Model 3, and the money is refundable if people change their minds. You can see the full list below of local amounts and the conversion to US dollars in parentheses. Canada is comparatively the cheapest at the equivalent of $753, while Denmark's $1,497 is most expensive at current exchange rates.
Tesla Model 3 reservation prices (cheapest to most expensive):
- Canada - $1,000 ($753 US)
- United States - $1,000
- Switzerland - 1,000 francs ($1,025)
- Countries that use the euro - 1,000 euro ($1,116)
- Australia - $1,500 ($1,127)
- Mexico - 20,000 pesos ($1,133)
- Norway - 10,000 kroner ($1,176)
- Sweden - 10,000 krona ($1,204)
- China - 8,000 RMB ($1,228)
- Hong Kong - $10,000 ($1,289)
- Japan - 150,000 yen ($1,333)
- Britain - 1,000 pounds ($1,411)
- Denmark - 10,000 kroner ($1,497)