Well, based on the fact that BadBoyVettes has what appears to be a shot of it in its transporter, we have to wonder if that might indeed be the case. Standard-issue Z06es don't wear hood camo, nor do they rock the serious power dome clearly hiding beneath it in the photo above. Let's go into 100% speculation mode here for a moment:
- BBV follows the C6.Rs from race to race.
- The C6.Rs are in Monterey for the ALMS season-ender at Laguna Seca.
- The photo above is likely the ZR1, and hence was also probably taken at Monterey.
- The Velocity Yellow finish on the depicted car matches the C6.Rs base color.
- We're going to go out on a limb and guess that GM's going to have the disguised ZR1 at the race.
Seriously, why not?
generated mountains of buzz by trotting the masked
out at places like
ahead of its reveal. Doing so with the ZR1 at an event where
Racing is one of the major draws is a good way to get Corvette fans energized. Sure, we could be 100% wrong, but why else would there be a prettied-up, camouflaged car in a color that ties into the race team (and that hasn't been snapped by spy photogs yet, as far as we know) at Monterey?
at Monterey. BadBoyVettes is such a tease. We'll have to see what happens over the weekend.
Photo Copyright ©2007 BadBoyVettes.com