ZAP introduced recently a new electric scooter into their range of vehicles, called Zapino (the name surely sounds Italian). It's the electric equivalent of a 49cc scooter and the looks are quite impressive.
As the main innovation, the Zapino has a hub brushless motor in the rear wheels, thus allowing more space for batteries under the seat and the announced price, a tad less than 3 grand, is quite adequate for the product. You might also want to install solar panels to make it even a greener option (but I guess it might void the warranty).
Stats on the main features from the press release after the jump.
- Motor: 3000W Bbrushless hub motor
- Max Torque: 120NM/900RPM
- Max Speed: about 30 mph
- Range: up to 30 miles each charge*
- Brake: Rear and front disc
- Weight Limit: 280 lbs.
- Battery: 60V Green saver silicone batteries
- Net Weight: 297 lbs. (including battery)
- Optional Upgrade: Replace with 60v40AH Lithium battery for a range of up to 75 miles
- Climbing ability: 25% slope with a 177 lb rider.*