The five-day course will take place in February (from the 18th to the 23rd) in Berkeley, California. For $650 you get instruction on all aspects of starting your own biodiesel station as well as breakfasts and lunches. Application deadline is December 20.
About a dozen students will be accepted into the class, taught by Jennifer Radtke and Melissa Hardy. The two longtime biodiesel advocates will discuss:
- Fuel Procurement and Quality Testing
- Hands-on Equipment Building and Plumbing
- Taxes, Permits & Zoning
- Developing Your Market
- Additional Income Generators: Merchandise, Delivery, Classes, Mechanics, Cafe, etc.
- Visioning & Funding Ideas
- Accounting & Small Business 101
- Decision-making, Burnout, Getting Along
[Source: BioFuel Oasis]