For those who might not remember, the 2CV wasn't even Roger Moore's first choice. As Bond, he had to abandon his destroyed Lotus Esprit for the bright yellow 2CV to escape hitman Hector Gonzales and his henchmen. The 2CV incomprehensibly out-ran Sean Connery's Aston Martin DB5 from the Goldfinger chase scene. And that classic AM only managed a tie with Pierce Brosnan's destructive tank chase in 1995's Goldeneye. Shame on you, Channel 4 voters.
Clarkson and co-presenter James May will be hosting the live MPH Show '06 event that leads up to the premier of the newest Bond flick, Casino Royale. A live audience of 12,000 is expected at Birmingham's NEC (October 26-29) and London's Earls Court (November 2-5) where they'll see such stupendous sights as "a Ninja fighting a Vauxhall Monaro, a 3D helicopter gun chase and 'Parkour' experts defying gravity by jumping over moving cars." In the wake of Top Gear co-presenter Richard Hammond's recent jet-car crash, it is good to see Jeremy hasn't lost his taste for the fun stuff.
Full top ten list after the jump.
[Source: Channel 4's 4Car]
Top Ten James Bond Chase Sequences as voted by visitors to 4car.co.uk
Position Sequence & Film Votes
- Roger Moore in a Citroën 2CV: For Your Eyes Only (1981) 24 percent
- Sean Connery in an Aston Martin DB5: Goldfinger (1964) 13 percent
- Pierce Brosnan in a T-55 tank in St Petersburg: Goldeneye (1995) 13 percent
- Roger Moore in an AMC Hornet 'X' hatchback in Thailand: The Man With The Golden Gun (1974) 12 percent
- Roger Moore in a Lotus Esprit: The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) 10.5 percent
- Timothy Dalton chasing drug-filled tankers: Licence to Kill (1989) 9.5 percent
- Pierce Brosnan in a remote-controlled BMW 750: Tomorrow Never Dies (1997) 8.5 percent
- Sean Connery driving a Sunbeam followed by three assassins in a hearse: Dr. No (1962) 7 percent
- Timothy Dalton in an Aston Martin V8 Vantage down a snowy hillside: The Living Daylights (1987) 1.5 percent
- Pierce Brosnan in the Aston Martin Vanquish V12: Die Another Day (2002) 1 percent