This week, Indiana Republicans called for further incentives in the state to promote alternative fuels such as ethanol. House Speaker Brian Bosma, R-Indianapolis, with the support of the GOP, proposed the following:
- Biofuels Grant Program to further encourage fuel stations and such retailers to install alternative fuel pumps.
- $1,000 tax credit for residents who purchase hybrid vehicles.
- State establishes a percentage of its power to come from solar and wind sources.
- New state vehicles must either be a hybrid or biofuel-powered.
- Governor Bush advocates abolishment on ethanol tariffs
- Florida energy bill promotes renewables, conservation