The full-hybrid version delivers a 30 percent improvement in fuel economy and CO2 emissions over the equivalent diesel-powered vehicle. In a lighter sedan-style vehicle, the same powertrain is projected to deliver over 80 mpg-equivalent fuel economy.
The mix of technologies in the project vehicle include:
- PSA Peugeot Citroen's 1.6-liter turbo diesel
- a 23 kW 288 volt DC electric motor, fitted between the engine and the transmission, for torque assist, power generation, regenerative braking and low-speed all-electric operation
- a 5-speed manual transmission
- a 288 volt Lithium-ion battery pack and battery management system
- a supervisory control system to coordinate vehicle systems to meet driver demands while optimizing fuel economy
- electric air-conditioning, electro-hydraulic power steering, and cooling for the electrical systems