According to the news source, a 2002 Dodge Durango self-ignited during the evening hours. (Pictured are the remains of the seating.) Fortunately, the owners were not in the vehicle at the time.
"I'm very lucky that I'm alive. My son and I could have died," said owner Valerie Davis.
According to the repair shop who examined the vehicle, the problem could have been caused by an “unused” electrical plug within the vehicle. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, who has received similar complaints from owners, has contacted the automaker.
A response by DaimlerChrysler to Action 9's report can be found in the article.