Replacing traditional mirrors with high-res video cameras offers a number of intriguing benefits.
The small, high-quality and relatively inexpensive GoPro camera has been revolutionary for Internet video, especially of cars. Imagine how much awesomeness and hilarity we would have missed without them. Finding ways to integrate the cams into performance cars is becoming increasingly popular among automakers, as well. For example, the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette has its Performance Data Recorder, and Volkswagen is giving GoPros to early buyers of the 2015 GTI. BMW Group is going straight to the sou
Audi UK has introduced the Audi Cam, a new – and for owners, hopefully more informative and reliable – way to interact with service advisors and technicians. After a car is dropped off, technicians will use a Flip-like camera to videotape and provide audio commentary for any issues diagnosed. Each problem gets its own clip to keep file sizes small, then the video is uploaded to a private, PIN-coded page just for the owner.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!