Turbo sales to accelerate by 80%, could make up 40% of global offerings
Just how many turbochargers are we talking? Last year, Honeywell claims that turbocharged passenger vehicles accounted for 25 percent of the global market, for a total of 20 million vehicles. By 2017, says the report, that number will swell to 36 million new vehicles, which would be about 40 percent of global sales.
In other words, it's time to get used to seeing those exhaust-driven snail-shaped spools under the hood of new cars.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models