U.S. diesel vehicle sales up 38.5% in 2011, VW Jetta TDI leads pack
Sales of the segment leader, the Jetta TDI, were 5,206 last month, bringing the diesel sedan's year-to-date total to 56,717. The oil-burning Golf didn't enjoy nearly the same level of demand, but its sales of 966 units in July landed the hatchback in second place among all diesel vehicles. In third, with sales ringing in at 562 units was the diesel-fueled BMW X5 xDrive35d.
Looking for more details? Head over to Hybrid Cars for a model-by-model breakdown of diesel vehicle sales for July 2011.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video