Will electric cars be like washing machines?
A recent study conducted by Deloitte Consulting concluded that electric cars will only represent five percent of the entire automotive market by 2020. Furthermore, the study suggests that EVs will not follow the rapid adoption of cell phones, but rather the slow growth of items like the aforementioned washing machine and thus it could take 45 long years before EVs dominate the industry. No one expects EVs to rule the road tomorrow, but half a century? That's a long time. What do you think? Will EVs explode onto the scene within the next ten years because of the gotta-have-it factor or should we anticipate slow growth with finally taking over much, much further on down the road?
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies