Rendered Speculation: Porsche 356 Speedster reborn
If Porsche decides to adapt the Bluesport's platform for its own model, expect it to slot in below the current Boxster sometime in 2013. Power could be provided by a either a 1.4-liter four-pot or, more likely, a variant of the Audi TT's 2.0-liter TFSI putting out around 250 hp to the rear wheels through a dual-clutch gearbox. Weight distribution would be a thoroughly entertaining 45:55 front-to-rear, with an overall curb weight of around 2,600 pounds. Porsche could employ its PASM active suspension system and offer carbon-ceramic brakes as an option, but as the kit list expands, the Speedster's price would get dangerously close to the Boxster's -- one reason this project may never see the light of day.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies