Dean Kamen pondering giving up on Segway
Kamen himself suggested that the Segway "will be to the car what the car was to the horse and buggy," and that scenario has most definitely failed to pan out. So, with the Segway's failure as a replacement for the car firmly established, Kamen admits to sleepless nights spent pondering on whether to completely kill the project. Our take? The Segway's a cool product that's a 50% price cut short of greatness. Well, that and perhaps a bit of red-tape cutting.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video