And he should brag. Most other car of the year awards are chosen by us automotive writers who usually prefer horsepower over hip room. As the name implies, Edmund's CMW awards are chosen by the car-buying public. And despite not voting with their wallets, the car-buying public who visits Edmund's really like their GMs.
The GMC Acadia got Most Significant vehicle of the year, beating out Honda's Fit, the Toyota Camry Hybrid, the Ford Edge and the Toyota Tundra.
Click through to see Edmund's press release as well as the other category winners.
[Source: Edmunds, GM FastLane Blog]
Edmunds.com Announces Consumers' Most Wanted Vehicle Awards for 2007
Crossover GMC Acadia Named "Most Significant Vehicle" by Consumers
SANTA MONICA, Calif. - May 3, 2007 - Edmunds.com, the premier online resource for automotive information, today announced the winners of the sixth annual Edmunds.com Consumers' Most Wanted vehicle awards.
"These awards provide a good idea of what consumers are looking for in their next vehicle," said Karl Brauer, Editor in Chief of Edmunds.com. "This year, consumers voiced the opinion that the domestics are developing some very compelling cars and trucks."
By a considerable margin, the 2007 GMC Acadia won the flagship award, Edmunds.com Consumers' Most Significant Vehicle of 2007. The next highest finisher was the 2007 Saturn Aura, and the 2007 Honda Fit took third place.
Among manufacturers, Chevrolet led the pack, winning five awards, while Cadillac and Honda tied for second place, each winning four awards in this year's survey.
Here's the list of Edmund's Consumers' Most Wanted for 2007. For commentary, details on runners up and voting percentages, check out Edmund's.
- Most Significant Vehicle of the Year - GMC Acadia
- Sedan Under $20,000 - Honda Civic/Mazda 3
- Sedan Under $15,000 - Chevrolet Cobalt
- Sedan Under $25,000 - Saturn Aura
- Sedan Under $30,000 - Acura TSX
- Sedan Under $35,000 - Cadillac CTS
- Sedan Under $45,000 - Cadillac STS
- Sedan Under $60,000 - BMW 5 Series
- Sedan Over $60,000 - Lexus LS 460
- Wagon Under $15,000 - Kia Rio5
- Wagon Under $20,000 - Mazda 3
- Wagon Under $30,000 - Audi A3
- Wagon Under $40,000 - Audi A4/BMW 3 Series (tie)
- Wagon Over $40,000 - BMW 5 Series
- Coupe Under $20,000 - Honda Civic
- Coupe Under $30,000 - Ford Mustang
- Coupe Under $40,000 - Infiniti G35
- Coupe Under $60,000 - Chevrolet Corvette
- Coupe Over $60,000 - Porsche 911
- Convertible Under $25,000 - Saturn Sky
- Convertible Under $35,000 - Honda S2000
- Convertible Under $45,000 - BMW Z4
- Convertible Under $60,000 - Chevrolet Corvette
- Convertible Over $60,000 - Cadillac XLR
- Compact Truck - Toyota Tacoma
- Large Truck - Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra
- SUV under $25,000 - Toyota RAV4
- SUV Under $35,000 - GMC Acadia/Saturn Outlook
- SUV Under $45,000 - Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon/GMC Yukon XL/Chevrolet Suburban
- SUV Over $45,000 - Cadillac Escalade/Escalade ESV
- Minivan - Honda Odyssey
- Exotic - Bugatti Veyron 16.4