A123Systems awarded contract to convert NYSERDA vehicles to PHEV
Along with that news, it was revealed that multiple contracts have been granted to A123Systems to convert three hybrid vehicles to PHEV's. A123Systems focuses on nanophosphate battery technology to extend the range available to hybrid vehicle drivers without relying on the internal combustion engine. According to their press release, the vehicles are expected to get up to 220 miles per gallon and cut carbon dioxide emissions in half.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies